Friday, September 7, 2012

Roxanne's Update - The Colour Run & A New Year

Well, this summer was packed full and busy.
Everyday was an adventure waiting to be faced.
Some days held tears and a bit of heartbreak, frustration and disappointment,
But most days were filled with laughter, good friends, sunshine and inspiration.

The summer ended with me and one of my best friends, Ashley and another one of our friends, Jenna taking a trip to New York. We were there for three days, but the actual reason for the trip was a 5K that we had signed up for.
The Colour Run.
'The Happiest 5K on the Planet."
If you haven't heard of them before - check them out online or on twitter.

 
 
This summer was also the first time I have ever given blood. It has been on my bucket list for a long time, but I finally went with my sister, Allysin, and just did it.
By giving blood I have the opportunity to help save someone's life. How much closer to being a hero can I get?
Yesterday I went with Allysin and a couple friends from school to donate again. We're hoping to encourage more of our friends to donate in the future.
I want to encourage every person who reads this blog to do the same. To donate, or to find more information on donating please look up the Canadian Blood Services at blood.ca
You can make a difference.
After all it's in you to give.
 
 
My last piece of update is this: Unfortunately my family will be unable to participate in the Run for the Cure this year, but please look for us there in the future.
I will continue to update this blog, as I am still working on living a healthier life, and am attempting to lose weight. So look for weekly updates starting next week.
If you have any comments, advice, encouragement or questions, please feel free to leave them here, or look me up on twitter: @RoxyWiedemann.
Thank you all for your love and support,
-Roxanne 

No comments:

Post a Comment