Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Morning Runs - Allysin's Update

GOOD MORNING!
So I am home again for the summer and things are starting to pick up, fitness wise I mean. 
We started following a fitness blogger/youtube channel named Cassy. You can check out her Blogilates. On her site she makes a fitness calendar that each day has youtube videos she's made for you to follow. Well for the month of June Eve, Roxanne and myself have kicked it into high gear and really started to crack down on doing on the workouts each day. (We still miss certain days, like today where we have stuff going on in the evening) But for the most we stay dedicated. 
On top of this we started morning runs with week. It's killer when your alarm goes off at 5:40 in the morning and all you really want to do is stay in your bed with your nice fluffy, warm duvet. But somehow there is this drive in us that pushes us to get out of bed and go for a 45 minute run (lets be real it's a jog). 
Now you have to understand we live out in the country and our road isn't this nice flat, paved road. No! OUR road is this packed gravel, bumpy road with monstrous hills that kill as you try to run up them but really you're jogging at a walking pace because the incline is so intense. 
So we've set our distance goal to be from our house to the end of our road, across the attaching road to the next road parallel to our road. There and back is approximately 5km. So Monday, the first day we ran, I ran the "flat" part of our road, up the first big hill and felt like I was dying by the top, walked the other hills and ran on the next road. TODAY when I went for the run I ran all they way on our road up and down all the hills. On the first hill my shoe had come untied but I knew if I stopped on the hill I wouldn't start up again so I ran with it untied all the way up the first hill, tied it and kept right on running. Then I continued on the next road and kept going. 
The whole time having Eve right next to me saying, you got this, we're almost at the top. You're doing great. Keep going. She's such a great running partner continuously encouraging me to do my best and push myself it's awesome! We did end up walking part of the way back but we attacked most of the hills with as much enthusiasm as we could muster.
Even though at the end of the run we were sweaty and a little worn we were energized and excited that we got up and did the run and encouraged by my victory of running the hills! 
We're looking forward to the victories to come in the future!
We have set our end of the summer goal to run the "road" to our cottage. It's approx. 4.5 km. So although the distance is not very far it the the terrain that makes this our challenge. The "road" is an old logging road full of really big hills (like twice the size of the ones on our road), twists, turns, over all just a very challenging run. We look forward to the day we can say we overcame that challenge!
Keep pushing yourself, it's totally worth it!
Infinite x's and o's
-A

Here is Eve and I's sweaty pic from the other day after our workout (not run).




No comments:

Post a Comment