Sunday, March 16, 2014

A new running partner

I'm back!

So it's probably been almost a full year since i've wrote anything on this blog. I feel a little guilty but the truth is I was tired of writing about how success hadn't come yet. I was tired of saying I haven't been doing my workouts or meeting my goals. 

To be honest I still haven't met my goals and I still do miss my workouts BUT I have some exciting news to share. Over Christmas break I started dating a boy. He's a real sweetheart and takes very good care of me. Well a month ago I was looking at different races I could do because I really wanted something to motivate me to get back into running. Well I found one that is 10k and goes THROUGH the ZOO! I LOVE THE ZOO! I got so excited, so I told him about it and asked if he'd be interested in running it with me. And to my complete surprise he was super excited about it! Like WAY more excited about it than I was. 

So we looked around for different training plans we could possibly follow and we discovered an app for our phones called 10k Trainer Free - Run for Pink - Couch to 10k. It's awesome! If you have an iPhone and you want to start running, get this app! 
It's a 14 week program and it's been so good for us. We've been going consistently for a month, and we're training hard. Kyle runs a little faster than I do and my competitive spirit gets a little frustrated with that, but I'm learning that the only person i should be competing with is myself. 
The program gets you to run three times a week but Kyle and I usually try to go more than that. We also now want to start adding in strength training exercises as well. But neither of us know much about what we should be doing... so we're a little hesitant to start that. 
If you guys have an strength building exercises you use send them my way!
Anyways I'm excited to see where I am at the end of these 14 weeks! Can't wait to share!
Infinite x's and o's
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment