Saturday, March 10, 2012

SPRING IS HERE!

Finally!
                I've been waiting for soooo long to say that! And finally I can! Spiring is here!...Sort of. haha.
It was plus 14 degrees this past Wednesday, however last night (Friday) it was minus 13 so... that wasn't very spring like. But tomorrow it is supposed to be plus 11 and stay around that temperature for the rest of the week! Like I said SPRING IS HERE!


                Now I love spring. And there are a lot of reasons why. First, I love summer and spring means summer is almost here. Second, my birthday is in the spring. (Not till May 20th, but still it's spring) and thirdly, it's like everything becomes alive in the spring. Animals come out of hiding, flowers begin to bloom, things start to become green again. And even people just seem more alive and excited and happy, love often comes in the spring. I just really like Spring a lot!

              But now I have something new to look forward to in the spring. Running! WOOHOO! On Wednesday I went for my first run outside. It wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, but not as bad as I expected. (if that makes sense) I did like a five minute warm up walk, twenty minute run, and then I just walked for a while and enjoyed the scenery which altogether was an hour. Running not on the treadmill is definitely harder than the treadmill let me tell you that! But there are things I really enjoy about running outside, I like the wind, and I like the scenery. It's weird I have never been much of an 'outdoor' type of a person but lately I love outdoor activities. Like I really want to go camping. I joke around with my friends and tell them I want to be more adventurous. They just kinda laugh at me when I say it, but I really mean it. Like I want to go on portage trip, and I want to go kayaking really badly (I used to teach kayaking, but just stopped for no reason) and I want to eventually go on a 850 km bike trip of the whole niagara escarpment. I don't know I just want to do more. And not just say that I want to do these things. I really want to go and do them!

Anyways, the run was tiring, but good. And I'm glad I finally got to go outside and with this week being warmer, hopefully I'll be doing my runs outside a lot more!

Infinite x's and o's,
Allysin



No comments:

Post a Comment