Monday, April 9, 2012

Roxanne - Week 13 Update

Hey Everyone!
I hope you had a fantastic Easter weekend :) Here is my weekly update:
Longest Run: 2min 30seconds. - Truthfully I think in the past and even now it's my mind that keeps me from running longer. I get bored and mentally think I'm tired, but I'm still breathing, so I should be able to push longer. I'm hoping that running outside during the summer will help me with this.
Time Run During A Workout: 4 min. 30 sec. during a 20 min workout
Distance Walked/Run This Week: 1.02 miles + generic walking outside to stores and friend's houses
Total Weight Lost: 16lbs
Last Week's Weight: 221.0lbs
Weight Loss: 2lbs
Current Weight: 219.0lbs
Goal: 200lbs by May 20th

So you may be wondering how I picked the date May 20th as my first goal date.
The reason I picked this date is due to the fact that on that day I will be standing in my good friend Brittany's wedding. This wedding is not the only reason I want to lose weight, obviously my current weight is a detriment to my health, self-esteem and relationship development and would need to be lost either way. However, this wedding did give me a fairly significant marking point and this is why I picked it.
And I'm really glad that I've lost the 16lbs and 3 inches that I have managed to lose up until this point.
But this weekend brought me news that makes my weight loss even more important.
My friend Brittany emailed me and informed me that the order for our bridesmaids dresses had never been processed, and they had never called to inform her. Instead with only just over a month left before the wedding Brittany had called them to figure out why we hadn't recieved our dresses yet. And this is a huge bummer because they were gorgeous dresses. And with ordering them I was gaurenteed that it would fit as I had sent in all of my measurements.
So now with the time crunch and the lack of my bridesmaid dresses, my best friend is now having to buy them in store and bring them with her when she flies in 6 days before her wedding.
I won't get my dress until 6 days before her wedding.
Now all you thin girls out there may be reading and thinking - what the heck is wrong with that?
When you're overweight you get used to things not fitting. So you often don't have the cutest clothes, and I tend to dread dress shopping as dress sizes tend to be smaller than other sizes. So now I'm absolutely paranoid that my dress won't fit when she brings it which would be awful.
So I'm going to be working extra hard to lose weight. Cutting out as much junk food as possible and excercising as much as I can motivate myself to. If I can actually meet my goal of 200lbs by this wedding I would probably be one happy, happy person.
Wish me luck!
-Rox - @RoxyWiedemann #2012fresh


The dress we were supposed to wear except in coral . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment