Thursday, December 22, 2011

Allysin

Hmmm...
       Describing yourself is always a challenge. There are so many different things you could say. Like I said in my first blog post I'm the second oldest of six kids. I'm in college, Bible College, more specifically. People probably describe me by saying I'm pushy and demanding. It's probably true. I love to organize and plan things. Hence why putting together this blog and planning thirteen weeks of training for the run is all my idea, and my job. 
          I love my family and really want to see them and myself step up and change the way we have been living. It just so happens that this fall with the stress that came with school I turned to the gym as a way of releasing that stress, and running quickly became my favorite activity. So the idea of running a 5k is so exciting to me. As well as just having that goal to really work towards is motivational for me. 
         I am really excited to see my family join together and work towards this. My sister and I thought about running for different causes, but cancer was the one that stood out the most to us. Our world has seen so much pain brought because of cancer. Not only for those who have had or have cancer but for the family members who have lost loved ones because of cancer. It breaks my heart every time someone tells me about a loved one being sick with cancer. The feeling of helplessness that individual experiences, knowing that there is nothing that they can personally do to help their loved one, is almost overwhelming. But doing this run, and raising funds for this cause I can finally do something to help. Although it cannot heal the hurt or remove the cancer I plan to run because of the hope that it brings. 
        My family knows best, I am a visionary, I have plenty of ideas, and most of them are really good, but I suck at following through. But this run is something I really want to do, I really want to stick it out and complete it. I want to see what can come if I persevere. I know my parents think that I won't stick to this plan to run, but I want to prove them wrong. I am doing this run to not only prove to my parents that I can say I'll do something and stick to it, but to also prove to myself that I can reach my goals. 
       I'm excited to see all my hard work pay off, and I'm excited to see my family come together over this. 
Infinite x's and o's
- Allysin

No comments:

Post a Comment