Friday, December 23, 2011

Christine

Ok so Allysin keeps telling me to be honest so here goes. I am the Mother of this quiver full of children and I'm truly in the wait and see mode. As stated by Eve Allysin does come up with some out there ideas {don't know where she gets that trait from} and she is real good at getting people on board but it seems as soon as she gets everyone excited about an idea, she looses interest. It especially happens when I get on board because if I think something is good then she says its not. If I say something is white she says its black. You get the idea. I feel like the week before the run Allysin will get moody and say she's not doing it and I'll feel like I have to push to make her do it. Have you ever faced off a bull in the bull ring, well its kinda like that but worse.
     Still the posiblity of uniting our family is truly a desire of my heart, but does not seem to be based in reality. We couldn't get from our house to the Christmas Eve service at church tonight without major disagreements. How on earth are we going to train and run together in Run for the Cure. Good thing I believe in miracles. Help me Jesus. On top of my disire to pull the family together I know there is a longing to find a cure for cancer. A year ago thanksgiving my Dad was standing on a ladder yelling at my brother-in-law, telling him how to put the siding on the cottage. He had just found out he had bone cancer but still felt he had plenty of time. 2 wks later he was in hospital with an infection. 3 more weeks, he had fallen during his recovery and broke his hip. At which time he prayed and asked Jesus into his heart. After years of him being angry that I was a Christian, it was a long looked for miracle and I was ready for my Dad to go. I didn't want to watch him get sicker and sicker. I prayed for him to die. But God pulled him through his hip surgery and I had 2 really nice weeks of closeness. But the the bitterness and questions returned and a year ago today, he yelled at me how he wasn't a Christian. I went to last years Christmas Eve service crying and so angry at God for not answering my prayer for my Dad to die. This year I went to the Christmas Eve service crying because he was no longer here and I miss him. My Dad died last April, after 4 months of pain and agony at the hand of bone cancer. I cling to those 2 wonderful weeks after his hip surgery and a few special moments over those long months. So I'll start this journey to Run for the Cure in hopes that a cure can be found.
Blessings....Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment