Monday, January 9, 2012

Roxanne

Hi Everybody,
Here is the long awaited post. . .
There are several reasons that I agreed with my sister that the Run for the Cure was a good thing for us to participate in.
1. I do truly believe it's a good cause. Cancer is a horrendous disease. It kills people slowly and painfully, and although there are always more articles being written on how to avoid cancer it is still a very unpredictable disease. We don't understand what causes it, or how to cure it, but I choose to believe that there is a cure, and hopefully soon it will be found.
2. I think every person needs to find a cause (charity, organization, etc.) that is bigger than themselves. Everyone needs to find something to fight for that supports more people than just their own selfish selves.
3. I've never been very athletic (I've kinda got the whole frumpy librarian look down though :P ) but I think I could be. I think my body, and almost everyone's bodies, were made to move. So, I just want to see what I can do. I kinda want to see if I can become a runner.
Due to this I have set some goals and made some resolutions and I'll keep you posted on how they go. The first set of goals are: -Be able to run a mile by the end of this semester (I can run like 2 minutes right now) and lose 30 pounds by mid May by living a healthier life, both eating and excercise. Eventually within the next two years I would like to lose the full 100 pounds that it would take to put me in a healthy BMI for my height. So - wish me luck, and look for my posts, I'll probably be on here the most.
- Roxanne

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your journey! Thanks for being so honest and sharing your journey with us! I look forward to reading more of your blog posts! Keep pushing forward and live each day to the fullest! xo love Britt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Brittany.
      You really have inspired and encouraged Allysin and I so much. So thank you for your impact on us.
      We definitely miss you.
      -Rox

      Delete