Thursday, January 12, 2012

Allysin - Week One Update

Well...
                It's been quite awhile since I have actually written I guess I should get on this. After all this was my idea, and as I mentioned before I'm not the greatest at following through on my ideas. So I NEED to keep up with the blogging. The truth is I have been running, I just haven't written about it. But I need to stay dedicated and follow through on the things I said I was going to do, and writing at least once a week is part of that. 
                Like I said I have been running, I started to do a little bit of running in the fall. So I started this week doing five minutes of walking, five minutes of running for half an hour. At the end of the half hour I have traveled  two miles, which is 3.2 kilometers. Look I'm over halfway of the 5k! Next week I plan to move it up just a bit and run for six minutes and walk for four. I've been really motivated this week and definitely living at school with my sister and watching herself push herself is super encouraging. I'm so proud of her!
               A friend of mine was talking to me about running one time and said the hardest part is learning to breathe, once you figure out the breathing you can run for miles. So my goal for the next couple of weeks is to really focus on my breathing while I'm running. My friend also said that it takes about five minutes for the endorphins to be released into your body so if you ever feel like quiting within the first five minutes, DON'T DO IT! Just wait and push yourself for five minutes and you'll find yourself starting to enjoy it! 
              So everyone be encouraged, when I started running in the fall I could barely run for two minutes,  (And let me tell you, I did not work very hard at my running in the fall) and here I am running five minutes at a time. And look at me, I'm committing to blogging! I HATE COMMITMENTS! But I'm doing it! If there is something that you want to do in your life, then DO IT! Because when you are lying on your death bed do you really want to look back at your life and say I wish... or if only... You fill in the blank with whatever dreams or goals you have for your life. Stop pushing it off, make 2012 YOUR YEAR! Do something with your life that you have always dreamed but never thought possible. Do something scary, do something crazy, and do something that seems impossible. Just don't waste your life, it only happens once.
infinite x's and o's 
- Allysin

This video always encourages me, I hope it motivates you to be GREAT!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment