Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Allysin - Week #3 Update

Well Well Well....
         Its week number three. I heard somewhere that it takes three weeks, twenty-one days, to make a habit. So running everyday should be a habit, except oh wait... I haven't been going every day. I go often enough, at the very least three times a week. But I want to go more, sometimes I feel like I'm getting worse instead of better. But I'm going to push to get better. I want this, I really really want this. I want to have pushed myself, and I want to have set a goal, and I want to have achieved it!
        My cold was definitely a major set back, I mean who feels like working out when you can't even breathe? But after a few days of being sick I was starting to be able to breathe again and I managed to get myself back to the gym. I haven't gone as often as I wish I had of, and I haven't been eating as healthy as I should've been, but I don't look at my failure and give up because of it. I look at my failure and say 'okay, this time I've got to do better than last time'. 
        I switched up my running times to a five minute warm up, 3 minutes of jogging to 2 minutes of walking for half an hour and then a five minutes cool down. I think it's a little more easy to break into than the five minutes of walking five minutes of jogging I was doing before. 
        Sometimes I don't feel like running but it's in those moments that I have to remind myself why I am doing this. I'm not doing this just for me, I'm doing this for something that is WAY bigger than myself I am doing this to raise awareness, and to help fund finding a cure. A cure to a disease that thousands of people are terrified that that either they will be diagnosed with or their loved ones will be diagnosed with. A disease that thousands are afraid to lose someone to. I want to be someone who helps bring hope to a situation that seems hopeless.
Infinite x's and o's
Allysin

No comments:

Post a Comment