Saturday, January 14, 2012

Set Backs - Allysin's new entry

OH NOOOO....
                Well the joys of living in Canada is that there is this lovely time called winter where we get a beautiful thing called snow. Snow can be so beautiful, and can be fun to play in. However, it is also very cold. Which is exactly what I have, a cold. Yesterday night I knew I needed to go for a run, it had been two days. I was feeling very unmotivated and very tired but I need to show some dedication and push myself on those days that I don't feel like going. So I got ready and went to the gym and got on the treadmill to start running and it seemed like everything had gone wrong. First of all I realized I had forgotten my keys to get back into the dorms in my room, and I didn't bring my phone so I had no way back into the dorm but I figured I was already out so I'd figure all that out after I finished my run. Then as I began to do a warm up walk I my muscles felt super weak and just not right but I was thinking that it was probably I just didn't want to go for a run and I would make myself anyways. Then after my warm up I began my first five minute set of running and my socks began to fall off in my shoes which was extremely uncomfortable but I would wait till I was done my five minutes and fix them. Then after about two minutes of running my chest, throat and right down to my lungs were hurting so much, almost burning. The only way i can think to describe this is like when you run outside and its winter and it feels like everything freezes inside your throat and it hurts a lot. Thats what it felt like only I was inside. Well I pushed myself to finish those five minutes, then walked five minutes and really had to force myself to do another five minutes run but after that I was feeling so weak and my throat hurt so much I had to call it quits. So I did twenty minutes out of my thirty minutes but it was hard. 
                This morning I woke up again with a really sore throat, a stuffy nose, a bit of a cough, and barely any voice. I guess I really am sick. So until my cold goes away I'm going to be taking it pretty easy on the running and stuff. I might do some biking or just walking so I stay in the routine of going to the gym but I'm not going to make myself more sick by running. 
                Truth is we all have set backs, we all have things in our lives that try to stop us from reaching our goals. No matter what you are trying to do you will have things that will tell you that you will not succeed, and there are going to be days where you believe it and you feel like you can't succeed. But when those days come we need to make a decision are we going to allow those moments to stop us from living the rest of our lives successfully? 
                My answer is no, I am not going to allow persons, thoughts, or just plain bad days ruin the rest of my life for me. I know what I want and I am going to push past everything to get there. 
                I hope that when the time comes and you feel like you can't do something and you won't reach your goals that you will continue to pursue them, Don't give up!
infinite x's and o's
- Allysin

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I seriously love hearing about how your whole family is coming together to do something great! When is the run? Also I am so proud of you for running! Thanks for encouraging me to meet my fitness goals this year! Love you allysin. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our run is on September 30! So we have a lot of time to train for it! Unfortunately because of all the snow all our running so far is on the treadmill, at least for Roxanne and I. But as soon as it's a bit warmer I'll be working on going outside! But thank you for reading and encouraging us! You were actually my inspiration to start this! So thank you!

      Delete