Thursday, January 26, 2012

Victories - Allysin's new entry

Hey Everyone!
               So I just wanted to share some exciting stuff. Yesterday I was talking with a friend of mine, and she was just encouraging me with my running. This is what she told me, 'our bodies can do it just our minds think we can't.'  So I have been running every other day and yesterday would be a day that I wasn't running. So  I went to gym and was going to walk, I walked on the treadmill with a high incline for half an hour. But as I was nearing the end of my walk and I decided why not push myself a little harder and do a bit of a run. So after I finished the incline walking I began to run and I ran for a full ten minutes and then did a five minute cool down.
          Feeling a lot more motivated today I went to go for my run and decided to see how hard I could push myself today. And guess what! I did a five minute warm up, ran ten minutes, walked another five minutes, ran another ten and then did a five minute cool down. So in total I ran twenty minutes. And the distance I traveled then was 2.4 miles which is 3.8 kilometers so I've almost run my five km.
          Still have a lot of work to do BUT I've made so much progress and I know I can push myself. I know my body can go further than I did today and I can't wait to see just how far I can push myself.

Thanks for all your support!

Infinite x's and o's
- Allysin

2 comments:

  1. Allysin -
    Just want to say that I love this picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me so happy! Keep up the good work allysin!! xo

    ReplyDelete