Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Roxanne - Update 1 - First Run

So, yesterday was my first day of running. I found an interval training program to help me start, so it mixes a pattern of running and walking. I can't quite do the whole thing yet, but during yesterday's run I managed 3 sets of 2 minutes. So 6 minutes of my half hour workout was running - small steps of progress.
I also do a DVD workout in the mornings - PowerFit by Stephanie Huckabee, and today I was actually able to do 5 push ups in a row! I completely surprised myself. I've always been a little bit wimpy, and have never been able to do pushups one right after the other. Even last week when I attempted the same workout I maybe did two pushups.(I've only been doing these workouts for about a week and a half.) So even though I can't complete all the reps yet, and they're only girly pushups for now. Small progress counts! :) I was pretty proud of myself. Not to mention now that I work out in the morning and the evening I am always hungry! I've even started eating breakfast, which is a big step for me. Right now it's only a piece of fruit and a cup of tea, but progress is progress :)
Not to mention how stinking happy I feel. I feel more energetic already, and I just can't seem to shake this new found excitment for life, and that's what I'm loving. I'm not sure whether it's the endorphins rushing through my body, or the fact that by getting up and working out in the mornings I am forcing myself to accomplish something I set out to do. Either way - I'm loving it! In the words of a man I respect very much - Pastor Mark Goring - tgfl! Thank God for Life. And trust me, I am :)
Also, another big accomplishment is - I did not gain any weight over the Christmas holidays. I left weighing 228lbs and returned weighing 228lbs, but my goal is to not weigh 228lbs by the next time I go home again. I'll keep you posted at the beginning of every week to let you know how I'm doing on that.
So tonight I'm walking hills, as I have been told you're not supposed to run everyday. Which is probably good because at this moment my body's not so convinced that it likes the whole running bussiness, but trust me - it will.
All the best with your goals,
-Roxanne <3

Watch this and I hope it encourages you to pursue your goals and dreams. This year I am. #thisismyleapyear #iLeap

No comments:

Post a Comment