Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Week 2 - A Year of 21s Update

Aloha fellow bloggers and life improvers,
At least I wish it were warm enough to say aloha. . . . I'm dreaming of the tropics while sitting in front of my fire place.
So, as most of you know I am in the middle of my first phase, which was 21 days only eating at the table. Now, you may be thinking - why such a simple goal?
And the answer is simple as well. Usually I over commit myself and say 'I'm going to be vegetarian, and run an hour a day and lift weights for a half hour a day, and floss my teeth every night etc."
And I can't do it all, so I give up.
But although losing weight is one of my main goals - what is truly important to me is that I begin to forge a healthy relationship with food and with my body, and it's important that I actually stick with it. So my first few phases are 'easy' goals. Things that I shouldn't have too much trouble accomplishing because it is important that I begin to believe again that I can.
I can do this.
I can form new habits.
I can change.
On top of this 21 I also decided to start this new year off with a diet/cleanse to help reset my metabolism a little bit. It's called the 7 day diet, and seemed to be one of the more healthy cleanse options out there. Basically you eat a lot of fruits and vegetables and cabbage soup for 7 days.

So a report - on eating at the table. I'm doing quite well. A couple slip ups, but over all I feel I am accomplishing what I set out to do.
On the cleanse - It's harder than I though because I am doing it by myself my family isn't always understanding and there's a lot of temptation around. However, even with a major slip up and a minor one, it really is working as you will see in my weekly report . . . .

Weekly Report:
The Start: 217lbs
Last week: 217lbs
This week: 213lbs

Obviously due to this weight loss I've lost some portions of an inch in multiple areas of my body.
I also got a gym membership from my parents for Christmas, so I started using that. Just walking/jogging the track, that kind of thing.
Look for another update in a week!
-Roxanne
Here's to a new future!!



No comments:

Post a Comment