Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Year of 21s - Roxanne

It is New Years Eve.
The day before New Years Resolutions take effect.
And as I find myself thinking about the year ahead I have to admit this: There are two things I want above all else for my self this year.
1. I want to lose weight and become an all around healthier person.
2. I want to start dating the boy of my dreams.

I'm not really sure what to do about number 2, but I feel like if I can sort out number one, then number two will simply fall in to place. . . . or it will become the resolution I write a plan for next year. But this year I'm working on problem number one.

As most of you know - I have been trying to beat food addiction and bad habits, and lose weight for almost a decade. And the truth is - I'm tired of it.
I'm tired of half heartedly fighting this battle and losing.
And the reason I keep losing I think is this : I STOPPED BELIEVING I COULD WIN!!
So this year I'm giving up my all or nothing approach that has brought me so much failure, and I have written up a plan that has me working on instituting a new, small good habit every 21 days.
The reason I picked 21 is because it's commonly accepted that it takes 21 days to establish a habit.

Here are my planned phases. There is obviously some room for switching the order through the year, but I think this will be the way it plays out:

Phase 1- Jan 1-21 - Everything I eat needs to be eaten sitting at a table
Phase 2- Jan 22 - Feb 11 - Do not eat anything after 7pm
Phase 3 - Feb 12 - Mar 4 - Write everything I eat down
Phase 4 - Mar 5 - 25 - Drink 1/2 my weight in ounces of water per day
Phase 5 - Mar 26 - Apr 15 - 10 minutes of Bible and prayer everyday
Phase 6 - Apr 16 - May 6 - Only eat when you are hungry
Phase 7 - May 7 - 27 -No watching TV during the week
Phase 8 - May 28 - June 17 - 20 minutes of 'cardio' daily
Phase 9 - June 18 - July 8 - Blogilates everyday!
Phase 10 - July 9 - 29 - 20 minutes of Bible and prayer everyday
Phase 11 - July 30 - Aug 19 - Stretching/yoga every day
Phase 12 - Aug 20 - Sept 10 - No sugar/junk food
Phase 13 - Sept 11 - Oct 2 - Flexi-dairy-tarian
Phase 14 - Oct 3 - 23 - Replace most carbs with vegetables at dinners

No comments:

Post a Comment