Thursday, February 23, 2012

When Life Sucks - Allysin's New Entry.

Can I just be honest with you guys....

           So yeah I just want to have a moment of honesty. Sometimes Life really just sucks. You know? I mean sometimes it's not because anything really happened, sometimes you just feel... upset.

          This is how I have been feeling for over a week now. Nothing specific happened. I mean I did start a new job and it's taking up a lot of my time, and I'm not really getting all my work done for school right now. But my philosophy is it WILL get done, just it might get done at 3:00 in the morning of the day it's due. I didn't want to do that this semester, but apparently its inevitable in my life. I'll try not to make this blog entry too long or depressing because who wants to listen to that? But I really feel like I need to be honest. Lately my life just feels.... sucky.

            I try to encourage myself by saying, 'it could be a lot worse' I live in one of the most blessed countries in the world. I have two parents who are still married after 25 years. I have completed high school and am now getting a post-secondary education. I have clean drinking water. I have so many things and yet I still feel so down. I think sometimes we just need to be allowed to have a week where life just sucks. So I have taken this week as just that. Truth is I have still been doing all my runs, and that actually might be the high light of my week. Because although I feel like life is kind of crumbling around me I have stayed committed. Not only that but the endorphins released during my runs usually help cheer me up.

           But even with my body filled with endorphins and my brain filled with the knowledge that I am super blessed, at the end of the day sometimes I just want to curl up and cry. Sometimes I feel like I'm still missing something. I mean I have everything I could possibly need, and yet I still feel like my life isn't complete. Does this make sense to you guys? Can you guys relate?

           I feel like I really just need some encouragement lately, which is funny because I'm doing a challenge to encourage people for 21 days. And yet I find I'm the one who is needing the encouragement.

            But you know what? Happiness is a choice and I'm choosing to be happy and content with my life. (However if you wanted to send me a note of encouragement I would greatly appreciate that, I could really use it) Alright the sob story is over. I just wanted to get that out there, that sometimes its okay to say that life isn't going great.

          Drop me a comment if maybe your life isn't going that great. Or drop me a line of encouragement either one would be great. It would be awesome to here that maybe I'm not the only one that is have a tough time with life right now.

Keep running though everybody! Your goals and dreams are NOT impossible.
infinite x's and o's
Allysin

No comments:

Post a Comment