Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Creamy Avocado Pasta

Hey Everyone,

So this semester I moved into an apartment which means, NO MORE CAFETERIA FOOD! Yay, it's nice to be able to cook my own meals again.
Now I don't know if you are into all the pinterest hype that is going around, but if you are you know how it goes. You see all this great stuff and pin it all and you have all these great intentions to do the stuff you pin, and then. . . it NEVER happens.
So this week I decided to actually make a recipe I pinned. Technically, I heard of this recipe from a friend of mine first but then I pinned it.
It was a "Creamy Avocado Pasta" recipe and I made some adjustments to it, but it was fantastic. It reminded me of a pesto sauce almost, but it was absolutely delicious. With it I had some oven cooked tomatoes and some fresh cucumber.

Creamy Avocado Pasta


  • 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 1 garlic clove (minced)
  • 2 tsp dried Basil
  • Ground pepper to taste
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tbsp parmesan cheese (grated)
  • 2 servings or your choice of pasta

Instructions:
Boil water in a pot and cook pasta as per usual. While pasta is cooking mix together all ingredients in a bowl. I attempted to use a blender to just blend in the garlic better, however this did't blend very well so I just mixed it by hand. This just meant some of the garlic was still in pieces and some bites were quite strong, but still tasted excellent) Once the pasta is cooked strain it and mix in avocado sauce. Serve hot.
(Makes 2 portions)

Oven Broiled Tomatoes

  • Tomatoes (As  many as you need)
  • Dried Parsley Flakes
  • Grated Parmesan Cheese

Set oven temperature to broil. Slice tomatoes up, or I cut the tomato into wedges, sprinkle with parsley flakes and parmesan cheese. Place on a baking sheet and cook in oven until cheese is lightly toasted.

Here is a picture of my meal, I'm not a photographer so don't judge the quality of the picture. The recipe is delicious no matter how the picture looks and if you don't trust me, you'll have to just test this recipe out for yourself.
I hope you enjoy!!!
Infinite x's and o's
-A







No comments:

Post a Comment