Friday, March 15, 2013

Roxanne - The recipe update

Alright world,
So there are two recipes I would like to share with you today.
The first one is a healthier remake of an old favorite : Banana Bread :)

Ingredients

  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup sugar free applesauce
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 3 mashed overripe bananas

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce and honey. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
 And I added some chocolate chips to mine.
If you would like to see the original recipe, it came from here : http://8weekstoabetteryourecipes.blogspot.ca/2012/09/banana-bread-8-week-friendly.html
 
The second recipe is this really delicious Lemon Garlic Pasta. I know the combination might sound a little different, but it is SO good!
Ingredients
1 clove garlic
2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 a lemon
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
And pasta to put it on :)
 
 
Directions:
While cooking pasta
Over medium heat sauté the minced garlic in the olive oil until it just begins to brown
Remove from heat
Squeeze lemon juice into it.
When pasta is finished and drained, toss with mixture and cheese.
 
Note: I used cheddar cheese because I didn't have parmesan and I added some pepper. Inspiration for this recipe came from: http://www.inomthings.com/?p=1756 
 
 
Okay. Now for a quick update on me.
So I am presently part of an online challenge from livestrong.com, called the Jackson's 100lb Challenge. The challenge is to lose 100lbs in a year. I update on Monday, so I'll make sure to update you as well.
Other than that I've been trying out healthier recipes, trying to estimate my caloric intake and trying to make sure I walk around an hour each day.
 
Trying to be consistent, another update coming soon! :)

-Roxanne




2 comments:

  1. thanks for the recipes roxanne! wow 100 pounds! that's incredible! you can do it! if you are into counting calories, i highly recommend myfitnesspal. everytime i use it & follow it, IT WORKS! :) keep posting! i love it!
    xo

    ReplyDelete