Monday, March 25, 2013

Roxanne - The Tripping Point

Hello Everyone!
So, the other day I was reading an article on Livestrong.com about the Tripping Point.
Basically the Tripping Point is the point where you want to give up because you feel like you aren't or can't do any better.
And truthfully I feel like I'm there
Like I've been there for a few months now.
My tripping point.

But I can't give up.
I won't.
When I first wanted to lose weight, it was probably mostly driven by my desire to fit into what culture sees as acceptable beauty, but now . . .
Now it's personal.
Now I just want to beat this to prove to myself that I can.

One of the suggestions in the article I read (http://www.livestrong.com/article/562572-the-tripping-point-how-performers-get-stuck-and-what-to-do-about-it/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=03192013) was to remember why you started in the first place, so here is my list of reasons for why I want to live a healthy, active life, through which I lose weight:


  • So that I never have to worry that I won't find clothes that fit
  • And to be able to buy the cheaper version of things because they have my size
  • To not feel like people are judging me when they look at me
  • To be athletic
  • To know I can do it
  • Do be proud of myself
  • To feel accomplished
  • To prove that I can do it
  • To lower my risk of heart disease
  • To lower my BMI
  • Wedding dress choices (eventually)
  • To never need to worry if my bridesmaid dress is going to fit
  • So that I don't have to lie awake at night and worry that I will never change and that I'll always be fighting the same fight
  • To feel beautiful
  • To be a good example to my sisters and friends
  • To not have to worry whether I will be able to donate bone marrow if I am ever a match
  • To make finding a vein easier to donate blood
  • To be faster - "For every pound of fat you lose, you run up to 4 seconds faster per mile . . . Your body won't have to work as hard to go forward." (Self Magazine)
I don't want to JUST lose weight. I want to become "athletic" where I can participate and enjoy sports and activities because I have the energy as well as have taught and trained my body how to move and its limits.
How about you? What are some of the reasons that inspire you to change your habits and live a healthy life?
-Roxanne

No comments:

Post a Comment