Friday, March 22, 2013

Roxanne: Challenge Update 1

Hi Everyone,
So, I know this post was supposed to be written on Monday. I apologize for the delay.
If you don't remember I am participating in the Jackson's 100lbs Challenge - which is to lose a hundred pounds in 365 days.
Now I know you may be thinking: Is that possible? Is that safe?
I've done the calculations and to lose 100lbs in 365 days I only need to lose 0.3lbs a day.
Which is 1.9 lbs a week.
Still safe.
Just hard work.

And the great thing if I accomplish this is that my end weight will put me dead in the middle of a healthy weight range for my height.

So here's the update:
My starting date is: March 11, 2013
My total loss this week is: 3.4lbs
I have 96.6 lbs left to lose to meet this challenge.

Another challenge for myself that I have incorporated into this one is this:
- Morning Workout
- Walk
- Run
- Evening Workout

Now before you start thinking "wow, she puts in a lot of time" my morning and evening are often just a set of reps : Jumping jacks, crunches, squats, push ups. Not a full work out.
Although I would love to work up to that.
And I haven't been running very often.
The weather is making it difficult.
But it's a goal that I will continue to strive toward.

I want to become someone who is more naturally active
(And someone who has a faster metabolism!)

Anyway, that's it for me.
Hope your weeks have been healthy and happy!
-Roxanne
PS: We'd love to hear from you, so leave a comment about what goals or challenges you have set for yourself regarding healthy living.

No comments:

Post a Comment